Open Government Material
The District is committed to a transparent, open form of government. District agency websites are required to make certain records available online to the public, if those records exist. In cases where these records exist but are not yet available online, agencies are working to provide them as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact the FOIA Officer.
- FEMS Open Government Report
- Public Employee Salary Information (Please note that this is the complete listing of District employees. Agency designation is located in column two.)
- Administrative Staff Manuals
- FEMS FY 19 Budget
- 2013 District of Columbia Fire Code
- P-Card Transactions
- Procurements and Payments
- Awarded Contracts
- FEMS Organizational Chart
- FEMS Performance Plans
- Cardiac Arrest Registry to Enhance Survival (CARES) Data
- FEMS Inspection and Permits
- FEMS Final Orders in Adjudicated Cases
- Submit feedback using Grade DC
- District-wide FOIA Reports
- District-wide FOIA Officers
- DC FOIA Statute
To understand the process before making a request, please see the FOIA public access portal.
The FOIA Officer is the principal contact point within FEMS for advice and policy guidance on matters pertaining to the administration of the FOIA. All requests are handled professionally and expeditiously. FEMS’ FOIA Officer’s information is listed below.
For more information about OIP, you may contact the Department’s Information & Privacy Officer at:
Paula J. Gibbs, Esq.
DC Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department
2000 14th St. NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20009
Main: (202) 673-3397
Fax: (202) 741-0677
Submitting a FOIA Request
To make a request for Ambulance/Treatment records, please send the following information to [email protected]:
- For a copy of your own records, submit a copy of a government-issued photo ID.
- For attorneys and patient representatives, submit a HIPAA or HITECH release form, signed by your client, authorizing you to receive records on their behalf.
2. Incident Details
- Patient Name
- Patient Date of Birth
- Incident Date
- Pick-Up Location
- Transport Hospital
- Approximate Time of the 911 Call