The DC Fire/EMS Department offers Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training to members of the community on the first and third Thursday of every month.
Fire and Injury Prevention Education
The Public Information and Public Education Office offers fire safety and fire prevention presentations by appointment at no cost. Our programs are offered throughout the community for all ages. We are available for community groups, nursery schools, day care centers, schools (pre-k to 12th grade), office buildings, and senior citizens'.
Some of the topics that we discuss are:
- Smoke detector safety and maintenance
- Work place safety
- Fire extinguisher training -- Training Academy (202) 673-3245
- Usage of 911
- E.D.I.T.H. (Evacuation Drills in the Home)
- Cooking/grease fires
Our programs are adapted to fit the needs of our audience. Fire Inspectors are available to assist in the formulation of fire evacuation plans and public assembly setup. On occasion, firefighters assist in fire safety presentations. Call (202) 673-3331 for an appointment.
FEMA Resources - FIRE IS EVERYONE’S FIGHT
- Fire Drills: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9KSFRq4rXA
- Home Sprinklers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRpGTMRGKd8
- Winter Fire Safety: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UXLRvu61Gc
- Fire is everyone’s fight: http://www.fema.gov/medialibrary/media_records/9530
- Older Adults: http://www.fema.gov/medialibrary/media_records/9531